social distancing rules
Due to the current government restrictions for weddings during the corona virus pandemic, you may have to rethink some of your wedding plans. Unless you live in the same household as your father, you may need to omit the tradition of walking down the aisle arm in arm.
walking down the aisle
In order to keep within social distancing rules, you may want to think more creatively with some novel ways to be given away:
- walk yourself
- walk with a pet
- both have an entrance, one after the other
- both walk down together
- both enter from either side of altar
- processional bridal party followed by guests
- make the guests walk in with couple already waiting at the altar
- walk around seats set in a circle or spiral
- video montage played on a screen of those who can’t be at the ceremony
- make a bouquet whilst collecting flowers from guests (one for when social distance restrictions are lifted)
Let’s rewrite wedding traditions. This is the chance to do things differently – your way.
I’d love to hear if you’re having a wedding in the next few months and to hear how you’ve creatively dealt with the restrictions.
sign up to receive the latest posts straight to your inbox