wish it had been longer
I feel a bit cheated out of the whole of this month. With the children going back to school later than usual I lost one and a half weeks at the beginning of the month before I could even hit the ground running. I heard lots of people saying January was soooo long but for me it wasn’t long enough!
celebrating small wins
In this scenario, it might be tempting to feel like I’m chasing my tail from the outset (and let’s be honest, the weeks often feel like they’re racing past!) But I’ve started this year with taking time at the end of each day to write down the 3 best things of my day.
Rather than looking at what is left on my to do list, I’m celebrating the small wins from each day. I’m looking at the donut instead of the hole. Looking at what I have done and not what I haven’t.
my January achievements
So thank you January, because this month I’ve been able to achieve (in no particular order):
- Writing blog posts more regularly again and getting my writing mojo back.
- Starting a new term at Sing and Sign and meeting some lovely excited new families that I can teach and pass on signing skills to.
- Designing a shiny new logo for a client.
- Working on a comms strategy for a new client.
- Having nice compliments about my work and enthusiasm from CEO.
- Updating my CV and getting excited about another possible new job to add to the portfolio and recognising how much I’ve achieved in my career.
- Being invited to an interview for potential new client.
- Enjoying a laser quest party for my eldest – for the first time in 4 years it’s been within a month of their actual birthday.
- A wonderful weekend away to celebrate my mother’s 70th birthday.
- Throwing my own pot on a brilliant pottery experience.
- Time to unwind and complete a 1000 piece jigsaw.
- Enjoying some great TV such as The Traitors and Pottery Throw Down, and sofa cuddles with whole family watching Junior Bake Off and Gladiators.
- Seeing all my children doing an amazing job at talent show.
- Enjoying a fire on a cold day.
- Having warm relaxing baths.
- Enjoying reading my book (have read 1 and a half this month – The Wild Other by Clover Stroud and half way through The Wake Up Call by Beth O’Leary).
- Submitting tax returns with over a week to go before deadline